receive Exclusive, Lifetime
Advertising to this Page!
Increase strength of large muscle groups, cooperation, listening
skills, coordination, moving at various levels, Teamwork.
Have each student grab a slice of the parachute.
The following movements can be performed.
- Have each child shake the parachute as fast as possible.
everyone starts out in a low position, on the teachers command raise the
parachute as high as possible, then on the second command pull the
parachute to the floor quickly.
- Same as above except have students take a few steps inward before
pulling the parachute down.
- Follow the dome instructions, except have the students step inside the
parachute before they pull it down. Have
them pull it down behind them.
- While students are sitting on their slice inside the parachute, have
them kick the chute.
- Place 5-10 balls on the parachute and have the students flutter the
- Place 5-8 light balls on the parachute, start by beginning a dome, then
on the teachers command (just before the parachute peaks) have the
students pull down hard and fast.
CLOUD (Magic Carpet) – Have
the students raise the parachute slowly, when it isd about to peak, have
the students all let go at the same time (carefully). Note: the parachute will generally fall towards the students
who pull or hang on too long at the release.
- Follow instructions on making a dome.
Have the students crawl out in small groups to smash the dome. For example; "all students wearing blue jeans mash the
potatoes". Stress the
importance of not walking on the parachute.
- Have the students do a flutter. The
teacher calls groups of students under the dome.
The teacher yells "mousetrap" the students then pull the
parachute to the floor. Students
that get caught may not go under until the next game.
the importance of honesty in getting caught.
Also stress the importance of not putting your head through the
hole in the parachute.
– Divide the parachute into 2 teams, one team on each half.
Put one ball onto the chute. The
object of the game is to knock the ball off the other teams half of the
chute. You can play this game where players must keep both hands on
the chute at all times. However,
it is also possible to play where you only need to keep one hand on the
parachute and can defend with the other, but watch for students trying to
score with their hand, which is illegal.
– Divide teams as above, except this time place two balls, small enough
to fit through the opening in the middle of the parachute, into the
fluttering parachute. The
first team to make their ball go through the opening in the parachute
scores a point. Both hands
must stay on the parachute; you cannot score with any body parts.
– 1. Never walk on the