receive Exclusive, Lifetime
Advertising to this Page!
This is a team version of the 8 player Nuke Walk. Originally, I
had the classes divide themselves into 3 teams of eight (that is all that a
nuke walk could hold, so I would do 3 rounds of eight). However, I
simplified this with the team nuke walk. For this game I use 2
parachutes (If you do not have parachutes don't panic, what about sheets?).
For each parachute I built a nuke holder (I taped a firm piece of Styrofoam
inside a hula-hoop to make a solid platform circle). This sits in the
middle of the parachute. In the center of the holder, I place a cup of
water. (you can adjust the difficulty by the type of cup, on windy
days I use a shorter, wider cup).
1. With the parachutes on the ground, and the platform centered and cups full, students will get hold of their won parachute.
2. On the signal, students must work together, to walk their nuclear material down and around the cones and back, without a spill.
3. If their is a nuclear spill, the class must lower their parachute to allow the designated player to get the cup for a refill. This team may not continue until their cup has been refilled and place on the platform.
4. The entire team must go around the cone, make 1 full spin, and return to their starting area (poly spot).
5. The first team to return to their spot, and set their nuclear material down safely, will be declared the winner.
6. record the winner on the appropriate bracket of your bracket sheet. When the sheet is complete, send it to the tally table.